Help bring FreightPOP to more customers!
Job Purpose Summary
As a QA Manager, you are primarily responsible for quality control throughout the development of software by planning, organizing, and building testing protocols and managing teams of QA engineers and testers.
Essential Job Functions/Requirements:
- Establish and maintain quality assurance standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Organize, manage, and assist manual and automated test engineers to ensure minimal production defect leaks
- Establish QA metrics and reporting dashboards for up and down stream stakeholders
- Establish User Personas in collaboration with Product Management and team
- Facilitate the decomposition of business requirements, into Use Cases and Acceptance Criteria
- Clearly document and thoroughly execute Acceptance Tests
- Organize and manage manual and automated test case libraries
- Participate in deployment testing exercises as needed
- Participate in all SCRUM events, including Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, daily stand-up and Sprint Review
- Mentor other QA team members and assist them with domain knowledge
- Lead Instructor Training on QA-related topics
- Keep abreast of changes in technology, standards, and relevant developments in IT & testing by maintaining professional competency through training, reading, and linkages with professional organizations
- Lead QA process improvement initiatives
- Collaborate effectively with team members and others in organization to resolve testing issues
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 6+ Years software Quality Assurance experience with SaaS technology
- 6+ Years SDLC in an Agile/ SCRUM environment
- 4+ Years QA leadership experience
- Test Case Management, Defect Tracking and Quality Reporting
- Agile Software Testing
- Continuous Delivery
- Logistics or supply chain experience
Skills & Expertise
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Professional demeanor
- Work effectively in a team setting
- Work efficiently across distributed teams
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and concepts
- Proficient time management abilities
- Manage multiple activities in parallel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Problem solver and project manager.
- Identify and resolve workflow inefficiencies
- Communicate technical information to customer, vendor and various organizational units
- Adapt to Agile Testing practices
- In-depth knowledge of software testing principles, methodologies, automated testing
- Proficiency with SQL, .NET & C#
- Ability to facilitate root cause analysis for critical defects and/or system outages
Physical Demands (Travel, etc.)
- Required to participate in major releases (remotely or from office headquarters)
- Required to participate in maintenance releases (remotely or from office headquarters)
The Company/About Us
FreightPOP is a leading provider of cloud-based enterprise software. As a fast-growing, venture-funded startup, we believe growth creates opportunities for everyone on our team and that accelerated experience + adaptive learning = career success. Our shipping and logistics software is easy to use, highly configurable, offers Expedia-like rate shopping, and connects seamlessly to other software to provide a real-time, integrated & connected transportation management solution. FreightPOP is uniquely positioned for hyper-growth in one of the largest and fastest-growing global markets.
FreightPOP is an equal opportunity employer seeking only the most driven entrepreneurial-minded individuals to join our journey. We are a purpose-driven company that fosters a culture of innovation, continuous improvement, collaboration, and accountability. At FreightPOP, you'll be a critical member of our team that operates on the principles of autonomy and accountability.
FreightPOP's Core Values:
- Stay Grounded. Balance the 5 Fs–Faith, Family, Finance (work), Fitness, Fun
- Dream Big. Shoot for the stars in every endeavor.
- Light it up. Strive to be a source of light for those around us.
- Give Back. Make a difference in our communities.
- Go the Extra Mile. There's no traffic jam on it.
Perks and Benefits
We encourage our team to have a positive work/home life balance. We know how to make our work environment enjoyable and rewarding. Here are some of the perks our team enjoys.
- 401k – Available to all employees.
- Remote Work – Hybrid and full remote options available.
- Flex Vacation - Take the time you need to spend with family, friends and to recharge.
- Hopes & Dreams – Employees are invited to meet regularly with a senior leader, one-on-one to map out a path to their personal goals and dreams while at FreightPOP. Hopes & Dreams are not necessarily related to FreightPOP but more importantly, to their personal hopes and dreams.
- Bi-monthly lunch meetings – We hold lunch meetings with the CEO to communicate what was accomplished, recognize employees, company milestones, strategy, organizational changes, and to give employees an open forum to ask questions to our CEO and leadership team.
- Give Back Days - Community service takes the focus off you and puts it on others. From that grounded perspective comes passion, passion for helping others. We created a culture that is passionate about serving others.
- Career Development Program- HR and Executives team up and work with an employee for their career development. The program involves understanding what knowledge, skills, personal characteristics, and experience are required for an employee to progress in their career or through access to promotions and /or departmental transfers or external job searches.
- Tuition Assistance – We understand the value of a good education and take pride in investing in our employees' professional & personal development.
- Employee Shadow Program- Employees are given the opportunity to shadow another employee or outside mentor for professional and personal development opportunities. In addition, new employees get assigned a buddy, someone in a similar role but has been in it for a bit, who will help them get acquainted with the company, expectations, and be a go-to person for questions.
- Stay Interviews- Bi-Annual interviews with current employees to check in and see how they are doing. Take them to lunch and ask what, if anything, would make them leave FreightPOP. This makes our employees feel heard and gives us insight into any issues the executive team might not be aware of.
- Health Insurance & Wellness – More than just health insurance, the Wellness program provides employees with resources to improve employee health and well-being.
- Recognition & Reward – Employees are recognized & rewarded by leadership and co-workers for their hard work and dedication. Based on merit, not tenure.
- Employee Referral- We offer $500 for employee referrals.
- Employee Miles Stones- Employees are awarded a gift for 3,5 & 10 years of service.
- Monthly Happy Hours – Join in for food, drinks, and good times with co-workers on two Friday's each month.
Sound like you? Apply Today.