VP of Engineering
Help bring FreightPOP to more customers!
If you are interested in being part of a cutting-edge, venture-funded logistics software start-up, that is changing the supply chain industry, take a moment to apply!
We’re looking for a VP of Engineering to join our nimble, customer-driven team to:
The VP of Engineering is responsible for mentoring and managing directors of engineering, engineering managers as well as software and testing engineers. The VP is expected to lead the Scrum teams in designing and implementing cutting-edge software projects in the logistics space. The VP also works closely with the Software Architects to set the architectural direction for our products. In addition, the VP is responsible for adopting, maintaining and implementing best practices with the directors, mangers, scrum masters, software engineers, test engineers and QA through example, guidance and training. This leadership should be a beacon reflecting our cultural values.
Essential Job Duties
- Lead, mentor and support a highly effective team of passionate engineers fostering a high-performance culture.
- Responsible for ensuring that the product vision is realized through excellence in execution
- Serves as part of the senior staff, working in an interdisciplinary manner with their peers in other departments
- Enable a culture of creativity, collaboration, speed, innovation, and excellence while continuously elevating the quality and caliber of our engineering organization
- Recruit world‐class engineering talent and participate in the process, including attracting, screening, and closing high-caliber candidates.
- Participate in strategic planning meetings with product management, architecture and design
- Contribute to technical engineering designs, resource management and implementations
- Manage the delivery of software using Agile best practices
- Build cross-department relationships centered on executing company strategy
- Exemplify FreightPOP’s cultural values
- Solve complex software engineering tasks while maintaining coding standards and practices
- Communicate effectively with team members, internal and external customers
- Create, manage, and measure KPI’s such as velocity, estimation accuracy and defect percentages
- Assure that department achieves objectives and project completion within budget and time frame
- Assist in training new engineers by leading technical courses
- Manage budgets including Training, Travel, Morale, Contractor and Compensation while working to reconcile with actuals from Finance
- Work with Finance and Recruiting to track headcount and job openings
- Work closely with the CEO, COO, and CTO on department wide initiatives
We are looking for Engineers with the following:
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Professional demeanor
- Works effectively in a team setting
- Works efficiently across distributed teams
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and concepts
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Manage several activities in parallel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to translate customer and business needs to technical solutions
- The natural ability to be a champion for change
- 15+ years software engineering leadership experience
- 5+ years software development experience building enterprise SaaS cloud-based solutions
- 3+ years working with team of offshore engineers
- Experience with architectural design recommendation and guidance
- Proven experience leading engineering teams in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Demonstrated experience leading the design, development, delivery and maintenance of large-scale and high-performance platforms
- Knowledge of release management and CICD deployment workflow processes, from development release through production deployment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a proven ability to build productive cross-departmental relationships and motivate team members. Positive, can-do attitude and value collaboration a must
- Experience with object-oriented code, .Net, C#, HTML, CSS, SQL Server, Front End Web, Web Services
- Experience leading SaaS-based engineering organizations
- Technical expertise that enables meaningful conversations with product architects & engineers
Physical Demands (Travel, etc.)
- Available to solve critical issues as necessary
- Travel required (10%)
- BS, MS, MBA or Ph.D in Computer Science or related technical discipline
FreightPOP is a leading provider of cloud-based enterprise shipping and logistics software. Easy to use and highly configurable, it offers Expedia-like rate shopping, and connects seamlessly to other software to provide a real-time, integrated & connected transportation management solution. FreightPOP is uniquely positioned for growth in one of the largest and fastest growing global markets.
FreightPOP is an equal opportunity employer seeking only the most driven entrepreneurial-minded individuals to join our journey. We are a purpose-driven company that fosters a culture of innovation, continuous improvement, collaboration, and accountability. At FreightPOP, you'll be a critical member of our leadership team that operates on the principles of autonomy and accountability.
We are headquartered in the beautiful Orange County (OC), two minutes from hiking trails, 20 minutes from the beaches, and a steady 75-degree forecast. Join the FreightPOP team and enjoy OC living. Perks and benefits include competitive health care plans, paid vacation, stock options, 401K, and team, friends and family events.
FreightPOP’s Core Values:
⦁ Stay Grounded. Balance the 5 Fs–Faith, Family, Finance (work), Fitness, Fun.
⦁ Dream Big. Shoot for the stars in every endeavor.
⦁ Light it up. Strive to be a source of light for those around us.
⦁ Give Back. Make a difference in our communities.
⦁ Go the Extra Mile. There’s no traffic jam on it.
Sound like you? Apply Today.