Help bring FreightPOP to more customers!
Job Purpose Summary
The Sr. Accountant plays an instrumental role in the finance and accounting department of FreightPOP. The Sr. Accountant ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions. Utilizing hands-on accounting experience and an in-depth understanding of accounting principles and company practices, the Senior Accountant performs complex accounting activities and financial analyses. The day-to-day responsibilities include:
Essential Job Functions/Requirements:
- Analyzing complex financial reports and records
- Overseeing the customers' billings and ensuring accuracy
- Overseeing the vendors' payments and ensuring accuracy
- Training and mentoring junior staff
- Performing variance analyses and preparing account reconciliations
- Assisting with bank, financial, and tax audits
- Documenting and monitoring internal controls
- Coordinating more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments
Specific Duties Include:
- General Ledger
- Perform month-end closing procedures
- Research and correct any out-of-balance situations between the GL and sub-ledger
- Analyze, amortize, and reconcile prepaid accounts
- Prepare assigned journal entries
- Prepare assigned general ledger reconciliations
- Review general ledger reconciliations prepared by others
- Prepare monthly commissions.
- Financial Reporting
- Report the weekly AR Aging
- Prepare and report the MMR
- Prepare and report customer churn
- Provide ad hoc reporting and analysis of financial data as needed
- Accounting Operations
- Ensure the accuracy of subscription billing to customers
- Oversee the rates, billing, payments, and reconciliations
- Oversee the parcel billing, payments, and reconciliations
- Review and approve AP payments
- Review and release wire/ACH payments
- Oversee Account Receivables and related activities
- Evaluate policies and procedures annually to ensure that they are relevant
- Identify and implement technology, automation, and outsourcing opportunities to drive efficiency
- Provide Leadership
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5+ years of accounting/audit experience with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Minimum 5+ years Full Cycle Accounting Experience
Skills & Expertise
- Excellent Excel skills required, including Macros, Pivot Tables, and VLOOKUP experience.
- Exposure to credit and collections is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP, including knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts in accounting
- Previous accounting experience in shipping is a plus
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Professional demeanor.
- Work effectively in a team setting.
- Work efficiently across distributed teams.
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and concepts.
- Proficient time management abilities.
- Problem solver and project manager.
- Positive and pleasant disposition.
The Company/About Us
FreightPOP is a leading provider of cloud-based enterprise software. As a fast-growing, venture-funded startup, we believe growth creates opportunities for everyone on our team and that accelerated experience + adaptive learning = career success. Our shipping and logistics software is easy to use, highly configurable, offers Expedia-like rate shopping, and connects seamlessly to other software to provide a real-time, integrated & connected transportation management solution. FreightPOP is uniquely positioned for hyper-growth in one of the largest and fastest-growing global markets.
FreightPOP is an equal opportunity employer seeking only the most driven entrepreneurial-minded individuals to join our journey. We are a purpose-driven company that fosters a culture of innovation, continuous improvement, collaboration, and accountability. At FreightPOP, you'll be a critical member of our team that operates on the principles of autonomy and accountability.
FreightPOP's Core Values:
- Stay Grounded. Balance the 5 Fs–Faith, Family, Finance (work), Fitness, Fun
- Dream Big. Shoot for the stars in every endeavor.
- Light it up. Strive to be a source of light for those around us.
- Give Back. Make a difference in our communities.
- Go the Extra Mile. There's no traffic jam on it.
Perks and Benefits
We encourage our team to have a positive work/home life balance. We know how to make our work environment enjoyable and rewarding. Here are some of the perks our team enjoys.
- 401k – Available to all employees.
- Remote Work – Hybrid and full remote options available.
- Flex Vacation - Take the time you need to spend with family, friends and to recharge.
- Hopes & Dreams – Employees are invited to meet regularly with a senior leader, one-on-one to map out a path to their personal goals and dreams while at FreightPOP. Hopes & Dreams are not necessarily related to FreightPOP but more importantly, to their personal hopes and dreams.
- Bi-monthly lunch meetings – We hold lunch meetings with the CEO to communicate what was accomplished, recognize employees, company milestones, strategy, organizational changes, and to give employees an open forum to ask questions to our CEO and leadership team.
- Give Back Days - Community service takes the focus off you and puts it on others. From that grounded perspective comes passion, passion for helping others. We created a culture that is passionate about serving others.
- Career Development Program- HR and Executives team up and work with an employee for their career development. The program involves understanding what knowledge, skills, personal characteristics, and experience are required for an employee to progress in their career or through access to promotions and /or departmental transfers or external job searches.
- Tuition Assistance – We understand the value of a good education and take pride in investing in our employees' professional & personal development.
- Employee Shadow Program- Employees are given the opportunity to shadow another employee or outside mentor for professional and personal development opportunities. In addition, new employees get assigned a buddy, someone in a similar role but has been in it for a bit, who will help them get acquainted with the company, expectations, and be a go-to person for questions.
- Stay Interviews- Bi-Annual interviews with current employees to check in and see how they are doing. Take them to lunch and ask what, if anything, would make them leave FreightPOP. This makes our employees feel heard and gives us insight into any issues the executive team might not be aware of.
- Health Insurance & Wellness – More than just health insurance, the Wellness program provides employees with resources to improve employee health and well-being.
- Recognition & Reward – Employees are recognized & rewarded by leadership and co-workers for their hard work and dedication. Based on merit, not tenure.
- Employee Referral- We offer $300 for employee referrals.
- Employee Miles Stones- Employees are awarded a gift for 3.5 & 10 years of service.
- Monthly Happy Hours – Join in for food, drinks, and good times with co-workers on two Friday's each month.
Sound like you? Apply Today.